System Director, Revenue Cycle Compliance Provider MarketsRequisition R024386 Market Cincinnati, OH Department SS Enterprise Risk - Internal Audit Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
Assistant Vice President (System Director) Provider Coding and Audit:
Provides strategic leadership to Group Leadership and Governance regarding compliance for provider revenue cycle, risk management and internal controls. Responsible for implementation of System Provider Revenue Cycle Compliance initiatives at the Group levels, including coordination and communication of general and specialized compliance services. Oversees the coordination of staffing and delivery of provider compliance services throughout the Group/Markets, including risk assessment, audit plan monitoring, follow-up and ongoing communication of risks, audit results and mitigation efforts with Group and Market leaders. Responsible for ongoing communication and collaboration with key partners in Group risk management activities including (but not limited to) Internal Audit, Corporate Responsibility, Legal, Finance, and IT.
Essential Job Functions
- Drive and oversee implementation of BSMH Provider RCC model in the Group, including application of leading practice approaches to RCC delivery and risk management.
- Perform Group elements of System provider compliance risk assessment on a periodic basis that identifies, evaluates and ranks the various risks and includes them as a part of the System RCC risk assessment and audit planning process, and contributes to the broader ERM program. This includes attendance at key Leadership meetings to stay apprised of strategic direction and emerging risks impacting provider revenue cycle across the Ministry.
- Lead Group Management (and Governance if applicable) communication of ongoing Provider RCC efforts, risk identification, audit results and mitigation efforts to further awareness and effectiveness of risk coverage and drives the culture of integrity.
- Collaborates with the Leadership team within Risk Management to coordinate efforts and advance the System wide strategy for risk coverage throughout the Ministry.
- Coordinates the planning and results of provider RCC activities with the broader Risk Management function including IA, CR and ERM, to ensure broad, depth risk coverage in key risk areas that is complimentary of the program and not duplicative of other efforts.
- Provides advice/consultation to Group Leadership and Provider Operations regarding compliance, internal controls and overall risk management relating to provider revenue cycle to assist them in mitigating risks to the organization.
- Directly manages the local team as well as coordinates auditing and monitoring activities to deliver the audit plan and any additional special projects or investigations. Oversees the quality review and career development of a team, including succession planning.
Required Minimum Education:
Masters Degree Healthcare, Business Administration or related field.
Professional Certification (CHC, CPC).
Minimum Years and Type of Experience
Previous experience as a Compliance executive for a healthcare provider, including exposure to Board committees and full healthcare operations.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
Mental agility and strong communication skills regarding compliance risk management, physician revenue cycle operations and Provider coding rules and regulations. Ability to understand broad enterprise risks in a complex health system.
Bon Secours Mercy Healthis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:SS Enterprise Risk - Internal Audit
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Ashland, Kentucky, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
Nursing is one of the most trusted professions in the world, and it’s because of who we are and how we care about patients.Amanda M. CRNP