Behavioral Health Technician - Geriatric Psychiatry Unit - Clermont HospitalRequisition R000494 Market Cincinnati, OH Department Behavioral Health Geriatric Psych - Clermont Shift Days Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
Under the direction of the RN, the BHT I provides direct patient care and participates in maintaining a safe and therapeutic milieu. Assists licensed nursing staff by performing non-technical skills and assisting patients with activities of daily living and self-care on the unit. Completes clerical and other front office functions related to clinical documentation. Maintains the team work station when assigned.
- The ability and willingness to identify with, share in, and have a commitment to the philosophy, mission, values and vision of our Sponsors and Catholic Health Partners.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Professional appearance, aptitude, and attitude
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments while meeting rigid deadlines
- Impeccable ethics and integrity
- Ability to maintain appropriate professional boundaries
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, families, a variety of professional disciplines and the general public.
- Ability to use critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills including but not limited to analysis, problem solving, and decision-making
- Ability to efficiently manage time, priorities and resources
- Possesses basic computer skills; demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office and web-based applications
- Ability to follow instruction, use constructive feedback, demonstrate professionalism, responsibility, critical thinking, and stress management skill
- Ability to maintain strict client confidentiality, HIPAA compliance
- Cultural sensitivity
- Ability to Travel
- Ability to organize and maintain supplies and equipment
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time. Frequently lifts and carries items weighing up to 100 pounds (with assistance). Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular hours. Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
Certificates License Registrations;
Basic Life Support Certification Required
Education and/or Experience
Associate’s Degree or 5 years’ experience in mental health.
Must be able to work as part of multidisciplinary team.
Special physical requirements: Sits and stands throughout the day. Physical management of patients in crisis situation may be necessary.
Required Job Specific Training: De-Escalation training within 90 days of hire.
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:24
Department:Behavioral Health Geriatric Psych - Clermont
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Ashland, Kentucky, which is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com
Nursing is one of the most trusted professions in the world, and it’s because of who we are and how we care about patients.Amanda M. CRNP