Conduit telecom operator/Part Time DaysRequisition R021644 Market Cincinnati, OH Department SS Conduit Health - PBX Shift Days Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Conduit Health Partners!
Telecommunications Operator / Part Time / Days
# Direct reports:
Summary of Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
The telecommunications operator will facilitate telephonic communication for hospital /facility / organizational operations from a central location. This role will process incoming and outgoing telephone calls, facilitate overhead paging and announcements per facility process to ensure essential communication occurs. The telecommunications operator will assist with paging or calling providers at the request of caller according to facility expectations.
Essential Job Functions
- Must be able to read, write, and follow oral and written instructions.
- Must have clear and professional speaking voice.
- Possesses and exhibits interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with but not limited to community, providers and staff.
- Must be able to follow established workflows, policies and procedures.
- Must be able to retain critical information for immediate response to critical situations.
- Must be able to handle stressful situation and large volume of calls for processing in a prompt accurate manner
- Must be able to work within a team environment, communicating information to co-worker and others for processing of calls and information.
- Able to work effectively in systems essential for role.
- Accepts directives from established facility leaders for communication.
- Utilizes call schedules regardless of format to reach providers and/ or administrators
- This document is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. Employees may be required to perform other job related duties as required by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation.
Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit.
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age, specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in departmental policies and procedures.
- Adolescents (13-17 years)
- Adults (18-64 years)
- Geriatrics (65 years and older)
Education Qualifications -
Required Minimum Education:
Diploma or High School GED acceptable
Degree: Associates or above
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: MS Office, keyboard
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred: EPIC, call center, Perfectserve, Overhead paging.
V. Working Conditions
- Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may occur.
- General office environment.
- May be exposed to high noise levels and bright lights.
- May have periods of constant interruptions.
- Prolonged periods of working alone.
VI. Physical Requirements
- Lifting/ Carrying (0-50 lbs.) - 1-33%
- Lifting/ Carrying (50-100 lbs.) - 1-33%
- Push/ Pull (0-50 lbs.) - 1-33%
- Push/ Pull (50-100 lbs.) - 1-33%
- Stoop, Kneel - 1-33%
- Crawling - 1-33%
- Climbing - 1-33%
- Balance - 1-33%
- Bending -1-33%
- Work Position Sitting - 67-100%
- Walking - 1-33%
- Standing - 1-33%
VII. Additional Physical Requirements/ Hazards
- Manual dexterity (eye/hand coordination)
- Perform shift work
- Hear alarms/telephone/tape recorder
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts
- Repetitive arm/hand movements
- Finger Dexterity
- Color Vision
- Acuity – near
Conduit Health Partnersis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:24
Department:SS Conduit Health - PBX
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Ashland, Kentucky, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
Nursing is one of the most trusted professions in the world, and it’s because of who we are and how we care about patients.Amanda M. CRNP