Mammography Tech PRN- Clermont Hospital
At Mercy Health, our nurses are able to see the impact they can have on our patients’ lives. We encourage and support our nurses as they develop and grow in their profession. Whether you are a new graduate nurse or joining us further along in your career, we have opportunities and multiple career path options for you. Every patient means the world to someone and at Mercy Health our nurses mean the world to us.
“Mercy shares its profits with its employees and the relationships I have made with my coworkers and managers have been extremely valuable.”
What makes a successful Nurse at Mercy Health?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassion — We commit to accompanying those we serve with mercy and tenderness, recognizing that "being with" is as important as "doing for".
- Human dignity — We commit to upholding the sacredness of life and being respectful and inclusive of everyone.
- Service — We commit to providing the highest quality in every dimension of our ministry.
- Stewardship — We commit to promoting the responsible use of all human and financial resources, including Earth itself.
- Integrity — We commit to acting ethically and modeling right relationships in all of our individual and organizational encounters.
Mammography Tech PRN- Clermont HospitalRequisition R076575 Market Cincinnati, OH Department Radiology - Diagnostic - Clermont Shift All Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
Performs direct patient care in a compassionate and timely manner and applies the art and skill of diagnostic imaging through the safe and effective use of mammography.
- Demonstrates knowledge of direct patient care by evaluating the patient, verifying patient ID, and related information to assure appropriate procedure is performed; explains procedure to patient; prepares patient for procedure by obtaining and recording patient history and consent form (if applicable); ensures patient comfort, privacy, and safety during procedure; monitors condition of patient and medical equipment that may be disturbed due to the nature of exam and report changes to patient care services
- Properly positions equipment to provide projections specified by department protocol; calculates and selects proper technical factors based on information such as age, medical history and suspected pathology; develops radiographs by automatic processing; evaluates mammography films to make certain films are of diagnostic quality and contain proper identification; performs specialized techniques and projections to determine specialized areas of concern, e.g., magnification and coned down views; assists radiologist in needle localizations using accessory equipment and sterile techniques, radiographs breast specimen, secures radiologist reading and transports specimen to pathology in a timely fashion; performs quality assurance tests as specified by mammography department protocol, e.g., sensitometry, phantom images, repeat film analysis, screen and darkroom cleanliness, etc.; reviews all mammography reports and keeps patient follow-up records current; provides proper radiation protection for patients, self and others (uses lead aprons, lead gloves, and gonadal shielding when appropriate)
- Participates in performance improvement projects; assists department in achieving successful results in all federal and state and local agency audits
- Participates in the education/instruction of students and the orientation of new staff.
Required Minimum Education:Specialty/Major: Radiology Technology or Advanced Imaging
Preferred Education: Specialty/Major:
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS (must be non-expired/active unless otherwise stated):
Required: Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology (ARRT); current license in the state of Ohio; advanced registration by ARRT in mammography or registry eligible with twelve months of hire; current BLS certification
Preferred:Advanced Registry in Quality Management by the ARRT
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0.01
Department:Radiology - Diagnostic - Clermont
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse
You will have days where you are the sole reason that someone is alive. You won’t find that in any other career.Michael W. Registered Nurse
Paid Time Off