Psych Ed Specialist PRN- Clermont HospitalRequisition R023204 Market Cincinnati, OH Department Adult Behavioral Health Unit - Clermont Shift Days Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health!
This is what we were meant to do - Together!
- Considerable knowledge of the therapeutic recreation principles, techniques and methods and their application to the population served.
- Knowledge of the physiological, sociological, and psychological implications for the disease processes experienced by the population served.
- Ability to evaluate patients and interpret data
- Ability to plan, develop and facilitate psycho-education and recreational therapy groups and programs.
- Ability to evaluate client progress and to present evaluative reports in interdisciplinary team meetings
- The ability and willingness to identify with, share in, and have a commitment to the philosophy, mission, values and vision of our Sponsors and Catholic Health Partners.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Professional appearance, aptitude, and attitude
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments while meeting rigid deadlines
- Impeccable ethics and integrity
- Ability to maintain appropriate professional boundaries
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, families, a variety of professional disciplines and the general public.
- Ability to use critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills including but not limited to analysis, problem solving, and decision-making
- Ability to efficiently manage time, priorities and resources
- Possesses basic computer skills; demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office and web-based applications
- Ability to follow instruction, use constructive feedback, demonstrate professionalism, responsibility, critical thinking, and stress management skill
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory standards
- Ability to maintain strict client confidentiality, HIPAA compliance
- Cultural sensitivity
- Ability to Travel.
- Ability to organize and maintain supplies and equipment
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time. Frequently lifts and carries items weighing up to 100 pounds (with assistance). Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular hours. Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
Certificates, License, Registrations: Eligible license or registration
- Recreation Therapist: National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certificate (NCTRC) required or working toward under supervision
- Art Therapist: ATR Required
- Occupational Therapist: National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapist; appropriate State License
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Recreation Therapy, Occupational Therapist, or Expressive Therapist
- Licensed or certified as required by appropriate state or national licensing board or working toward under supervision
- Experience in working in a psychiatric setting highly preferred.
- Basic Life Support Certification: Required
- Special physical requirements: sits and stands throughout the day. Physical management of patients in crisis situation may be necessary.
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Great health, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- And a lot more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0.01
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, which is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
Nursing is one of the most trusted professions in the world, and it’s because of who we are and how we care about patients.Amanda M. CRNP