Registered Respiratory Therapist - Mercy Health Anderson HospitalRequisition R081267 Market Cincinnati, OH Department Respiratory Therapy - Anderson Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
The Respiratory Therapist Cert (RCP II) delivers critical and non-critical patient care services to all age groups using selected invasive and noninvasive techniques related to the cardiopulmonary system. The RCP II provides respiratory care on general floors and occasionally critical care areas. The RCP II is a resource individual for other members of the Respiratory Care department. The RCP II demonstrates a high level of commitment and professionalism.
- Responds quickly and effectively in highly complex, rapidly changing, and/or unfamiliar situations. Performs invasive and noninvasive diagnostic procedures. Responsible for providing critical care to patients.
- Participates on multi-disciplinary teams regarding cardiopulmonary status. Applies technical knowledge to consult with physicians with regard to cardiopulmonary status.
- Educates patients on their disease state, wellness, home care modalities, safety, smoking cessation, mobility assist, and medication information.
- Maintains current knowledge of hospital policies and procedures, computer based training (CBT) modules, The Joint Commission (TJC) and other regulatory agency's standards, and competent practice of Respiratory Care as adopted by the Ohio Respiratory Care Board.
- Demonstrates awareness of budgetary processes, productivity demands, and also proper use of equipment, materials, supplies, time, workload and financial resources.
- Demonstrates knowledge of performance improvement goals, monitors projects including data gathering measures, involved in process test of change for improvements, and follows up with department staff.
- Correctly completes, records, and accurately captures charges in the patient medical record (Electronic Medical Record).
EDUCATION, SPECIALIZED AND/OR TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- 2 year Associates degree in Respiratory Therapy required
- Candidate must have a current license to practice respiratory care issued by the Ohio Board of Respiratory Care
- Current BLS through the American Heart Association required
- ACLS, PALS, NRP certification preferred
- Must demonstrate critical care knowledge as it relates to cardiopulmonary disease states. Involved in precepting students and other staff members in the provision of respiratory care on general floors and some critical care areas.
- Active AARC member preferred.
Hours: Full time, Day shift
Shift: Days: combination of 8 and 12 hour shifts
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:34
Department:Respiratory Therapy - Anderson
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse