Surgical Tech Certified - OR Surgery - SIGN-ON BONUS and RELOCATION PACKAGE Offered - Mercy Health West HospitalRequisition R094499 Market Cincinnati, OH Department Inpatient Surgery - West Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
*** $10,000 Sign-on Bonus and $5,000Relocation Package Offered***
As a faith-based and patient-focused organization, Mercy Health exists to enhance the health and well-being of all people in mind, body and spirit through exceptional patient care. Success in this goal requires a culture of compassion, collaboration, excellence and respect. Mercy Health seeks people that are committed to our values of compassion, human dignity, integrity, service and stewardship to create an environment where associates want to work and help communities thrive.
The Non-certified Surgical Tech assists the surgical team by acting as the primary scrub technician who handles the instruments, supplies and equipment during surgical procedures. The Non-certified Surgical Tech is also tasked with preparing and sterilizing the operating rooms, as well as the necessary equipment and instruments, prior to any surgical procedure. Working collaboratively and promoting teamwork is key to success in this Surgical Tech, Non-certified position.
• Prepares and organizes the operating room equipment, instruments, and supplies as required for various surgical procedures
• Assists in the maintenance of the sterile field by applying principles of aseptic techniques and informing the surgeon/surgical team of infractions
• Provides instruments and supplies to the surgical team during procedures
• Cleans, wraps and prepares the instruments for sterilization
• Retrieves, collects and properly labels specimens
• Checks and monitors medications and assists with the placement of sterile drapes
• Other duties as assigned
Graduate of an accredited surgical technology training program or equivalent experience
Certified Surgical Tech (CST), BLS required
One year perioperative experience preferred.
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer we’ll also reward your hard work with:
· Eligible for a sign on bonus and Relocation Package
· Great health, dental and vision plans
· Prescription drug coverage
· Flexible spending accounts
· Life insurance w/AD&D
· An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
· Paid time off
· Tuition reimbursement
· And a lot more
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Inpatient Surgery - West
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse