Ultrasound Technologist (Part Time)- Deerfield Imaging Center -The Jewish Hospital Mercy HealthRequisition R072430 Market Cincinnati, OH Department Diagnostic Radiology - Jewish Shift Days Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
As a faith-based and patient-focused organization, Mercy Health exists to enhance the health and well-being of all people in mind, body and spirit through exceptional patient care. Success in this goal requires a culture of compassion, collaboration, excellence and respect. Mercy Health seeks people that are committed to our values of compassion, human dignity, integrity, service and stewardship to create an environment where associates want to work and help communities thrive.
Performs direct patient carein a compassionate and timely manner and applies the art and skill of diagnostic imaging through the safe and effective use of ultrasound.
- Demonstrates knowledge of direct patient care by evaluating the patient, verifying patient ID, and related information to assure appropriate procedure is performed; explains procedure to patient; prepares patient for procedure by obtaining and recording patient history and consent form (if applicable); ensures patient comfort, privacy, and safety during procedure; monitors condition of patient and medical equipment that may be disturbed due to the nature of exam and report changes to patient care services; documents sonographer's impressions and relays findings to physician
- Obtains and records images necessary to demonstrate normal and pathological findings; documents all pertinent information, e.g., lab values, patient histories; demonstrates and maintains clinical competency particularly related to patients who are: newborn, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric as deemed necessary by designated facility
- Participates in performance improvement projects; assists department in achieving successful results in all federal and state and local agency audits
- Participates in the education/instruction of students and the orientation of new staff.
Required Minimum Education: Vocational /Technical Degree
Specialty/Major: Radiology Technology or Advanced Imaging
Graduate of 2 year AMA allied health training program that is patient care related program OR MD, DO who is duly licensed to practice medicine with additional minimum 12 months full time ultrasound experience; must be ARDMS certified/ARRT registered within 6 months of hire; current BLS certification
ARDMS required, Breast registry preferred; Will rotate to main Jewish Hospital campus as needed
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:20
Department:Diagnostic Radiology - Jewish
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse