Respiratory Therapist - Defiance Hospital - Part Time - Days/NightsRequisition R005748 Market Defiance, OH Department Respiratory Therapy - Defiance, LLC Shift All Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
Provides invasive and non-invasive respiratory care under minimal and indirect supervision. Under the supervision of a physician evaluates cardiopulmonary function, treats cardiopulmonary impairment, assesses treatment effectiveness, and cares for patients with deficiencies and abnormalities associated with the cardiopulmonary system, using professional judgment of a highly complex and technical nature, to make independent decisions. Provides patient care to neonate, pediatric, adult and geriatric patients, generally in ICU areas as assigned.
·Work requires successful completion of the requirements of an educational program in Respiratory Therapy as approved by the Ohio Respiratory Card Board.
·Graduate of an AMA approved associate degree registry Respiratory Therapy program preferred.
· Must hold and maintain an active license to practice Respiratory Care in the State of Ohio.
· Must be registered by the National Board of Respiratory Care.
·Must maintain a Level C status as a Provider, Basic Life Support through the American Heart Association or its affiliate.
· Must have thorough understanding of all drugs used in all respiratory care procedures.
·Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with patients, physicians, and other staff members.
·Extensive clinical experience as a Registered Respiratory Therapist in such areas as intubation, emergency airway management, extubation. Tracheotomies, naso- and oro-pharyngeal airways preferred. Competency in the operation of ventilators, as well as patient assessment, arterial punctures, etc. extensive clinical experience in a variety of intensive care unit. Emergency and/or specialty areas such as pulmonary rehab preferred.
· Advanced knowledge of cardiopulmonary anatomy, physiology and other sciences relating to respiratory care and the ability to demonstrate this to others.
- Normal patient care environment with little exposure to noise, dust, temperature and the like.
- Lifts weights of approximately 20 lbs., must be able to move freely a large “H” size cylinder of oxygen on a cart.
- Substantial physical effort exerted up to fifty percent of work time.
- Ability to walk, stand, and bend more than eighty percent of time.
- Frequent (fifty to eighty percent of work time) exposure to adverse conditions.
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0
Department:Respiratory Therapy - Defiance, LLC
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Ashland, Kentucky, which is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com
Nursing is one of the most trusted professions in the world, and it’s because of who we are and how we care about patients.Amanda M. CRNP