Radiology Technologist - St. Rita's Medical Center - PRNRequisition R048741 Market Lima, OH Department Radiology - Diagnostic - St. Rita's Shift All Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
Summary of Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
Performs direct patient care in a compassionate and timely manner and applies the art and skill of diagnostic imaging through the safe and effective use of radiologic technology.
Essential Job Functions
- Demonstrates knowledge of direct patient care by evaluating the patient, verifying patient ID, and related information to assure appropriate procedure is performed; explains procedure to patient; prepares patient for procedure by obtaining and recording patient history and consent form (if applicable); ensures patient comfort, privacy, and safety during procedure; monitors condition of patient and medical equipment that may be disturbed due to the nature of exam and report changes to patient care services.
- Properly positions patient to perform routine diagnostic radiographs; calculates and selects proper technical factors based on information such as age, medical history and suspected pathology; assesses quality of radiographs with minimal supervision; competently performs in assigned areas that encompass specialty procedures e.g.: surgery, C-arm, tomograms, venograms, arthrograms, myelograms, ERCP, sialograms, video speech evaluation, hysterosalpingogram and other specialty procedures as well as GI and GU procedures; maintains acceptable exam repeat rate; assists physicians in performance of fluoroscopic and minor specialty exams by providing and administrating proper contrast media, positioning patient and operating fluoroscopic equipment; performs IV injections and has knowledge of use and care of existing IV’s; identifies all images with appropriate lead markers and patient name; provides proper radiation protection for patients, self and others (uses lead aprons, lead gloves, and gonadal shielding when appropriate).
- Participates in performance improvement projects and performs quality control testing as required by department; assists department in achieving successful results in all federal, state, and local agency audits.
- Participates in the education/instruction of students and the orientation of new staff.
Education Qualifications - List the minimum education, training, and experience required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Required Minimum Education:
Vocational/ Technical Degree
Radiology Technology or Advanced Imaging
Licensing/ Certification - If registration, certification or licensure is required, include the name of the accrediting or licensing body.
Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology (ARRT); current license in the state of Ohio or Kentucky; current BLS certification.
Advanced Registry in Quality Management by the ARRT
Minimum Years and Type of Experience:
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
2 years of general radiography preferred
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0.01
Department:Radiology - Diagnostic - St. Rita's
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse