Respiratory Care Professional 1 (Student) - Mercy St. Rita's LimaRequisition R068362 Market Lima, OH Department Respiratory Therapy - St. Rita's Shift Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
Under close supervision of an RCP 2 or higher, provides basic respiratory care to non-acute patients while in full-time student status. Provides patient care to neonate, pediatric, adult and geriatric patients.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Successful completion of one semester of a Respiratory Therapy program and/or completion of basic therapy clinical rotation. Must be a student in good standing with an accredited Respiratory Therapy Program. Must hold and maintain an active limited permit to practice Respiratory Care in the State of Ohio and furnish this information to the department. Must provide completed “Verification of Education” form that includes skills checklist and only performs skills that have been checked off by instructor.
2. Must maintain Healthcare Provider status in Basic Life Support through the American Heart Association or its affiliate.
3. Some analytical ability required to gather and interpret data.
4. Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with patients, physicians, and other staff members.
5. Must have thorough understanding of all drugs used in all respiratory care procedures
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Respiratory Therapy - St. Rita's
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse