Medical Assistant (MA) Mercy Health Lorain PhysiciansRequisition R076978 Market Lorain, OH Department Administration - Mercy Health Physicians Lorain LLC Shift Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
As a faith-based and patient-focused organization, Mercy Health exists to enhance the health and well-being of all people in mind, body and spirit through exceptional patient care. Success in this goal requires a culture of compassion, collaboration, excellence and respect. Mercy Health seeks people that are committed to our values of compassion, human dignity, integrity, service and stewardship to create an environment where associates want to work and help communities thrive.
Medical Assistant – Multiple Locations Available – Lima, OH:
Under the general direction of the physician, the Medical Assistant supports with the processing of patients in an ambulatory/office setting. The Medical Assistant is responsible for general clinical and clerical duties associated with direct and indirect patient care.
- Prepares patients for examinations and diagnostic procedures according to clinic procedures such as recording temperatures, pulse rate, blood pressure, respiratory rate, pulse oximetry, height/weight, and responses to standardized medical history questions
- Reports all observed patient concerns and changes in condition to a licensed staff member
- Performs additional skills such as suture removal, injections (IM, Subq and intra-dermal), EKG and allergy skin testing
- Acts as a chaperone for health care providers during patient examination as requested
- Assists provider with procedures, treatments and interventions
- Other duties as assigned
- Vocational or Technical Degree: Medical Assistant
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assisting Program (CAAHEP or ABHES accredited)
- MA credential will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Credential as a Medical Assistant or must become obtain Medical Assisting credential within 6 months of hire date
- BLS certification with the American Heart Association
- Two years of previous experience in a physician’s office or ambulatory care setting
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Administration - Mercy Health Physicians Lorain LLC
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse