Food Service Worker 3(Cook) Dietary St. VincentRequisition R030592 Market Toledo, OH Department Food and Nutrition - St. Vincent - Dietary Shift Days Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
This position requires performing a variety of skilled manual functions independently, which include food preparation, plating, garnishing, requisitioning, storage, and service while ensuring maintenance of safe sanitary conditions.
Non-complex mathematical skills are required to adjust recipes and maintain reports.
Independent judgment is exercised.
No direct patient care.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Must be able to read, write, and perform simple mathematical calculations (including fractions, multiplication, and division) a high school diploma or equivalent preferred.
2. Training in allied food field and/or equivalent experience in quantity food preparation (minimal 2-years), preferably in a health care institution, including experience in food production techniques and equipment plus basic measurements. For positions that are primarily cafeteria grill -- must have 1-year experience as grill cook instead of above requirement.
3. Ability to lift 50 lb., push or pull 400 lb. on cart, reach above head, and stoop to floor.
4. Interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with patients, customers, employees, and co-workers.
5. Able to work independently without direct supervision.
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:24
Department:Food and Nutrition - St. Vincent - Dietary
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Ashland, Kentucky, which is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com
Nursing is one of the most trusted professions in the world, and it’s because of who we are and how we care about patients.Amanda M. CRNP