HR DirectorRequisition R030461 Market Lorain, OH Department Human Resources Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
Strategic Alignment and Goal Development
- Partner with clients to understand and assess business direction based on current strategic plans
- Create specific action plans in support of HR-related goals that will meet department needs, address weaknesses, capitalize on strengths, and take advantage of opportunities
- Work with leadership to periodically interpret results and progress of HR related goals: “State of the Workforce” presentations bi-annually; or follow up to leadership regarding the status and progress of their action plans
- Assist leadership with the development of performance and incentive goals.
Strategic Human Capital Management
- Workforce Planning and Talent Management – assess all aspects of employment needs to achieve business goals (talent, learning, well-being, salary/workforce, and engagement , and succession planning)
- Manage and lead deployment of Mercy Health’s Human Resources programs and initiatives in client areas including, but not limited to training, providing guidance with goal setting, evaluation, and merit administration and is a resource for instructions pertaining to related systems
- Identify resources to assist clients in meeting strategic Human Capital goals related to retention, development, succession, and talent and performance management
- Engage leadership teams to ensure operation plans and practices align with strategic plan and departmental human capital goals.
Organizational Development and Support
- Serve as change champion for assigned clients.
- Collaborate with managers and other HR professionals (Learning, Analytics, etc.) to improve and sustain leadership performance
- Conduct team development sessions, to improve effectiveness of team outcomes; Support onboarding of staff and leadership; and provide leadership coaching when applicable
- Assist clients in the development of project plans, communication plans and action plans to address quality/safety, patient experience, engagement, as well as consolidation, outsourcing, insourcing and acquisition activities
- Engage leadership teams to ensure operation plans and practices align with strategic plan and departmental human capital goals
- Recruit, onboard and manage performance of direct reports
- Effectively develop and deploy direct reports into the ministry to ensure that human capital and talent management strategies are aligned with business and operational strategies
- Provide monthly HR updates; communicate HR initiatives and expectations. (Including opportunities to pilot new systems or processes)
- Communicate upward feedback to provide clients with candid advice and coaching regarding development opportunities
- Coordinate and implement HR initiatives with client groups
- Develop and deliver unit-specific presentations on topics central to management and leadership
- Educate and support client use of HR tools
- Participate in business unit meetings/presentations to support leadership and provide updates on HR-related goal progress
- Participate in senior leadership meetings as appropriate to support area leaders and discuss HR-related issues.
Employee and Labor Relations
- Partner with and serve as a resource to employees, management and Human Resources staff to promote and maintain positive employee and labor relations.
- Proactively identify, manage and facilitate the equitable resolution of job-related complaints and concerns.
- Prepare/present position statements and evidence on behalf of the Ministry in claims related to unemployment, discrimination and other employment-related actions filed with federal/state/local agencies.
Required Minimum Education: 4 year Bachelors Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: Minimum seven years of progressively responsible and complex professional experience in Human Resources function.
Bon Secours Mercy Healthis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Ashland, Kentucky, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
Nursing is one of the most trusted professions in the world, and it’s because of who we are and how we care about patients.Amanda M. CRNP