Lead Ultrasound Tech - Mercy Clermont HospitalRequisition R027849 Market Cincinnati, OH Department Radiology - Ultrasound - Clermont Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
Leads the daily operations of the department in terms of staffing and workflow. Performs direct patient care in a compassionate and timely manner and applies the art and skill of diagnostic imaging through the safe and effective use of ultrasound.
- Coordinates daily departmental activities, e.g., work and call schedules; assists managers by contributing feedback for employee performance appraisals; attends requested meetings and serves as a liaison to staff; conducts department meetings to communicate information to staff as needed; communicates with vendors to keep current with latest technological advances and service needs; ensures work areas, equipment and supplies are maintained in clean, orderly and safe conditions; markets ultrasound services to Medical Staff to assure for timely scheduling of patients and updates regarding new services performed in the department; provides ongoing leadership in accreditation process; leads the orientation of new staff or cross-training staff in ultrasound techniques and procedures; evaluates students as part of their clinical education
Demonstrates knowledge of direct patient care by evaluating the patient, verifying patient ID, and related information to assure appropriate procedure is performed; explains procedure to patient; prepares patient for procedure by obtaining and recording patient history and consent form (if applicable); ensures patient comfort, privacy, and safety during procedure; monitors condition of patient and medical equipment that may be disturbed due to the nature of exam and report changes to patient care services; documents sonographer's impressions and relays findings to physician
Obtains and records images necessary to demonstrate normal and pathological findings; documents all pertinent information, e.g., lab values, patient histories; demonstrates and maintains clinical competency particularly related to patients who are: newborn, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric as deemed necessary by designated facility
Participates in performance improvement projects; assists department in achieving successful results in all federal and state and local agency audits
Participates in the education/instruction of studens and the orientation of new staff.
Graduate of 2 year AMA allied health training program that is patient care related OR MD, DO who is duly licensed to practice medicine with additional minimum 12 months full time ultrasound experience; must be ARDMS certification/ARRT registration;current BLS certification
Breast registration preferred
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Radiology - Ultrasound - Clermont
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Ashland, Kentucky, which is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nursing is one of the most trusted professions in the world, and it’s because of who we are and how we care about patients.Amanda M. CRNP