MRI Technologist Mercy Health St. Joseph PRNRequisition R031455 Market Youngstown, OH Department Radiology - MRI - St. Joseph Shift All Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
Under the direction and supervision of a radiologist/physician, performs all procedures within the MRI section of the Radiology Department. Maintains appropriate records and documentation according to Local, State, and Federal guidelines as appropriate and/or necessary. Observes all safety guidelines and performs any other duties which assist in the provision of quality patient care according to the mission and values of the hospital.
· Performs magnetic resonance imaging examinations, intravenous contrast injections in accordance with hospital guidelines and ensures safety to the patient, public, and self. Prepares equipment and scanning area for patient procedures. Transport or escort patients to and from MRI area. Keeps areas stocked at all times and room clean. Technologist cleans equipment per departmental policy after each patient use.
· Performs all clerical duties needed to assist in the patient care process and demonstrates proper documentation of all patient care
· Cooperates with all personnel in the proper conduct of the department. Maintains ethical relationships. May be requested to assist in the development of techniques for procedures. Assist others in the department, requests assistance when necessary and demonstrates a team approach to patient care. Assist in developing the skills of students, trainees, or residents.
· Operates and maintains equipment used and records all maintenance in log books, performs quality control testing as required by department quality assurance plan/coordinator
· Adheres to work schedule, and schedules PTO time off per departmental policy. Will be available for rotating emergency call, while also possibly being asked to cover at other facilities within the Mercy Health Youngstown market.
· Maintains competencies of a Radiologic/MRI Technologist as required by departmental, federal and state guidelines.
· Delivers on our Promise by always demonstrating excellent patient experience behaviors. Always conveys compassion and respect for the patient/customer and co-worker. Consistently delivers the best service experience utilizing the 5 Foot/10 Foot rule, Messages of Caring Out Loud, AIDET, I- care, and other Mercy Health customer experience tools and behaviors. (Note: Failure to perform satisfactorily in this essential function will block incumbent from a satisfactory performance evaluation rating.)
Required: 2 year Associates Degree Major: Radiologic Sciences/MRI
Preferred Education: Vocational/Technical Degree
Required: ARRT (MR), ODH required if ARRT (R) current BLS
Direct Care – Physical Demands
Occasional – 1 to 33% of workday
Frequent – 34 to 66% of workday
Constant – 67 – 100% of workday
Not at all – 0% of workday
Sitting, Unilateral Vertical Reach 36-72”; Bed-cart transfer with 200# person and assist of one with sheet; Lift 0-50#, 6-36” from floor; climbing stairs; operating machines (2hand(s)), operating machines 2foot/feet).
Standing, walking 2.3 mph, 0 incline; unilateral horizontal reach 0-18”; bilateral carry, 30’, 27#; push/pull 100’, 19ft lbs; hold 200# patient sidelying while doing procedure x 2 minutes; roll 200# patient away/toward self; transfer 105# person chair-chair 5x/hr with gait belt; move 200# person up in bed with assist of one and sheet; lift 0-30#, 6”-36” from floor; lift 0-20# 36”-48” from floor; lift 0-20# 6”-72” from floor.
Bilateral fine motor manipulation; functional near, far, color vision aided or unaided; functional hearing aided or unaided; functional verbal communication skills; working overtime as assigned to meet operational/patient care demands.
Not at All
Climbing ladders; working from heights; crawling; kneeling; running
Category I job classification – HMHP employees who have jobs with tasks that routinely involve exposure or potential exposure to blood, body fluids, tissues and/or used sharps.
Job Hazard Risks:
Infectious Disease Exposure
Hazard Materials Exposure (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical)
Workplace Violence Potential
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0.01
Department:Radiology - MRI - St. Joseph
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Ashland, Kentucky, which is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nursing is one of the most trusted professions in the world, and it’s because of who we are and how we care about patients.Amanda M. CRNP