PRN Respiratory Care Professional Professional Registered - Respiratory Therapy - Mercy Health in OberlinRequisition R028702 Market Lorain, OH Department Respiratory Therapy - Allen Medical Center Shift All Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
A Respiratory Care Practitioner II is responsible for administering the full range of therapeutic and diagnostic procedures within the scope of services of the Respiratory Care Department as outlined by the State of Ohio’s Respiratory Care Board in either a hospital or skilled nursing setting. The Therapist will participate in continuously improving the process of care delivery to the patient. They will promote a positive climate for interpersonal and interdepartmental relationships.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Respiratory Care techniques, practices and procedures at a level normally acquired through completion of an Associate of Science or Bachelor of
- Science degree in Respiratory Care Sciences, at an AMA approved Respiratory Care Program, or completion of an AMA approved Respiratory Care Technology Program.
- Has obtained a Respiratory Care Practitioner License from the State of Ohio, licensing them to practice Respiratory Care within the State of Ohio.
- Has obtained the credential of Registered Respiratory Therapist and/or Registered Pulmonary Function Technologist; or has obtained the credential of Certified Respiratory Therapist and/or Certified Pulmonary Function Technologist and has met all the other requirements of RCP III.
- Three to six months of clinical experience necessary.
- Current certification in BLS and ACLS required; NRP certification required or obtained within 6 months of hire.
- Good Communication skills necessary in order to effectively interact with patients, families and staff.
- Organizational skills needed to prioritize work assignments.
- Moderate level (20% or more of time) of physical exertion required.
- Frequent exposure (21% - 50% of work time) to adverse conditions including communicable diseases.
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0
Department:Respiratory Therapy - Allen Medical Center
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Ashland, Kentucky, which is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com
Nursing is one of the most trusted professions in the world, and it’s because of who we are and how we care about patients.Amanda M. CRNP