Radiology Tech Student Mercy Health St. VincentRequisition R029304 Market Toledo, OH Department Radiology - Diagnostic - St. Vincent Shift All Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
Student Radiologic Technologist
Under supervision of a supervisor, follows prescribed procedures and protocol while performing radiology procedures on patients as requested by physicians. Provides patient care to neonate, pediatric, adult and geriatric patients.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Must be enrolled in an accredited school of Radiologic Technology and have completed appropriate student rotation.
2. Must possess an Ohio General Machine Operators license relative to Radiology.
3. Must have interpersonal skills sufficient to interact effectively with patients and facility personnel.
4. May need two to four weeks on–the-job training for full familiarity with facility and department policies and procedures.
5. Must have current BLS
1. Works in normal patient care or radiology where there is regular exposure to radiation, infectious materials and contagious disease.
2. Work requires continual standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting and stooping.
3. Must adhere to facility and department dress code.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Complies with established hospital policies, procedures, practices to assure that standards of quality efficiency and safety are met. Deals fairly, reasonably, considerately and honestly with all others associated with the hospital including employees, patients, visitors; respects others personal dignity and rights.
2. Assists technologists with procedures while maintaining efficiency and safety.
3. Maintains or develops other related skills depending upon the student rotation.
4. Ensures a state of cleanliness and readiness throughout the work area, assures the physical and emotional well being of the patient while in our care.
5. Documents appropriate patient information on requests and supplemental forms.
6. Interacts with department staff, ancillary departments, nursing staff, physicians and patients to ensure an organized and comprehensive implementation of patient care. This includes pre and post exam patient education.
7. Performs limited office and patient care duties such as front desk, file room, transport, patient assistance, clean-up and stocking.
8. Adheres to the standards and policies of the Corporate Responsibility Program, including the duty to comply with applicable laws and regulations, and reporting to designated Manager (or employer hotline) any suspected unethical, fraudulent, or unlawful acts or practices.
9. Embraces Standards of Standards of behavior in order to provide and promote excellent customer service for both internal and external customers. Holds self and others accountable for behaviors that promote service excellence.
10. Demonstrates behaviors consistent with stated core values (Compassion, Excellence, Human Dignity, Justice, Sacredness of Life, Service) of Mercy Health Partners.
11. *Is responsible for all other duties as assigned.
12. Adheres to all standards and policies regarding safety/patient safety initiatives.
13. Provides service to all age groups. Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on assigned unit.
14. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span by completing continuing education program.
15. Interprets information need to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his/her age-specific need:
*Indicates Non-Essential job functions.
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0.01
Department:Radiology - Diagnostic - St. Vincent
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Ashland, Kentucky, which is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com
Nursing is one of the most trusted professions in the world, and it’s because of who we are and how we care about patients.Amanda M. CRNP