Registered Cardiac Sonographer Mercy Health St VincentRequisition R029297 Market Toledo, OH Department EKG - St. Vincent - EKG Shift Days/Afternoons Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
Registered Cardiac Sonographer
- Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, operates diagnostic ultrasound equipment to produce M-mode Echocardiography and 2-D Sector Scan, as well as color flow, invasive transesophageal echocardiography and Doppler studies for quantitative evaluation and calculation of cardiac function. May perform related clerical duties as needed. Reports to Manager, Cardiovascular Diagnostics. Provides patient care to neonate, pediatric, adult and geriatric patients.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILTIES:
- Completion of a two-year Associate Degree in Cardiovascular Technology or related field is required for extensive knowledge of anatomy and physiology of cardiovascular systems and disease process of both Pediatric and Adult Pathology. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Must be a Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer through the American Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- At least two years of experience in cardiac ultrasound techniques is required to perform required tests and to understand operation of equipment. Must be registered in Ultrasound (RDMS)
- A level of interpersonal skills to be able to interact with critically ill patient, physicians, and other hospital personnel is required. Must be physically able to move equipment and patients for bedside examinations.
- The ability to accurately and efficiently transcribe medical documents is required as well as level of knowledge of patient care techniques generally acquired through 12 to 18 months related patient area experience.
Works in normal patient care environments with no discomforts due to temperature, noise, dust, and the like.
Work requires regular walking, standing, pushing of equipment and lifting and positioning of patients.
Work requires on-call responsibilities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews patient charts for medical history/clinical information pertinent to the test being performed. Interviews patients to obtain any additional needed information. Explains test procedures to patients to alleviate apprehension, instructs them in relaxation techniques in order to obtain quality results.
- Performs all related functions for testing, including administering IV antibiotics and monitoring vital signs. Performs testing in the department as well as at the bedside in patient rooms or other areas of the Medical Center.
- Operates diagnostic ultrasound equipment according to department procedures to acquire non-invasive and invasive evaluations of cardiac function. Measures dimension and function for quantitative evaluation of the cardiac structures through both manual use of calipers and use of computers. Views screen to detect pathologies and abnormal functioning; determines if images are satisfactory for diagnostic purposes and interpretation by physician.
- Compiles preliminary test information for interpretation by physician, affixing representative samples. Ensures that all calculations are correct and that necessary patient information is included.
- Responds to STAT procedure requests and provides accurate information in preliminary reports to physician as basis for treatment.
- *Types and/or proofreads reports ensuring information recorded is complete and accurate. Makes necessary photocopies of all information or reports and distributes to appropriate personnel, staff or files.
- Maintains departmental equipment in proper working function. Disinfects equipment after invasive procedures.
- *May perform related clerical duties such as answering phones, relaying messages, scheduling appointments, filing records and storing supplies.
- *May perform duties and responsibilities of other department staff as directed.
- *May demonstrate testing techniques and ultrasound equipment operation for students of hospital and accredited college programs in both ultrasound and cardiovascular technology.
- Embraces Standards of Behavior in order to provide and promote excellent customer service for both internal and external customers. Holds self and others accountable for behaviors that promote service excellence.
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with Mission and Core Values (Compassion, Excellence, Human Dignity, Justice, Sacredness of Life, Service) of Mercy Health Partners.
- Adheres to the standards and policies of the Corporate Responsibility Program, including the duty to comply with applicable laws and regulations, and reporting to designated Manager (or employer hotline) any suspected unethical, fraudulent, or unlawful acts or practices.
- *Represents the departments on hospital committees as required.
- Adheres to all standards and policies regarding safety/patient safety initiatives.
- Provides service to all age groups. Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on assigned unit.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span by completing continuing education program.
- Interprets information need to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his/her age-specific need:
- a. Neonate
- b. Pediatric
- c. Adolescent
- d. Adult
- e. Geriatric
*Is responsible for all other duties as assigned.
Monday- Friday, Weekends, Holidays and On Call
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:20
Department:EKG - St. Vincent - EKG
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Ashland, Kentucky, which is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com
Nursing is one of the most trusted professions in the world, and it’s because of who we are and how we care about patients.Amanda M. CRNP