RN Infection PreventionistRequisition R027487 Market Toledo, OH Department SS Quality - Administration Shift Days/Afternoons Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
- Administers the infection prevention program at the site level including surveillance, investigations, rounding and assessments. Provides input on new product recommendations, balanced with stewardship of resources and assists in the coordination of new product trials as needed. Lead/participates in improvement teams and projects to reduce hospital acquired infections.
- Provides educational programs on infection prevention and control - serves as educator, trainer and coach to hospital and medical staff on topics related to infection prevention. Provides regular updates to leadership, and others on infection prevention and control risks and activities.
- Supports the goals and objectives for infection control and prevention; maintains policies and procedures to ensure technological advances in infection control and prevention are incorporated in a safe and cost effective manner. Monitors compliance with legal, regulatory, and accreditation requirements.
- Serves as a resource and assists department/facility representatives in the development, review and implementation of infection prevention and control policies and procedures. Acts as a liaison with the community and the state and local health department as well as with any other regulatory agencies.
- Utilizes current literature as well as professional organization and national expert recommendations to ensure that best practices are implemented throughout the infection prevention program. Participates in market and system infection prevention and control committees and initiatives. Works collaboratively as a member of the system wide team.
Minimum Education: 4 year/Bachelors Degree - Nursing or health-related field
Required Licensure/Certifications: Current Ohio RN License
Preferred: Certification by the Board of Infection Control (CBIC)
- 5 years clinical direct patient care experience, and/or infection control/prevention
- Good working computer and communication skills
Bon Secours Mercy Healthis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:SS Quality - Administration
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Ashland, Kentucky, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nursing is one of the most trusted professions in the world, and it’s because of who we are and how we care about patients.Amanda M. CRNP