Speech Therapist PRN- Mercy ClermontRequisition R027270 Market Cincinnati, OH Department Speech Therapy - Clermont Shift Days/Afternoons Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
Evaluates, plans, and implements Speech-Language Therapy services for patients according to standards of practice of the profession, laws governing practice by the State of Ohio, and facility and department policy and procedures. Collaborates with the patient, family, and treatment team to maximize functional outcomes for the patient.
- Obtains and interprets prescriptions for services with physician/referral source as required.Assesses and evaluates patients using appropriate non-standardized and standardized tests.Ensures completion of patient pre-certification/authorization requirements as needed.Demonstrates knowledge in growth and development necessary for evaluation of adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients (pediatric as required by site).
- Develops individualized treatment program consistent with patient’s age, diagnosis, functional status, and personal goals.The patient and/or family/caregiver are included in development of attainable goals.
- Selects and administers appropriate techniques, modalities, and interventions to maximize outcomes.Monitors patient’s response to treatment and modifies the plan as needed.Demonstrates knowledge in growth and development necessary for treatment of adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients (pediatric as required by site).Locations for treatment and evaluation include the hospital/clinic and settings in the community.
- Effectively communicates to patient, family/caregiver and treatment team both orally and in writing.
- Collaborates with the patient, family/caregiver and treatment team in planning for discharge.Provides patient and family/caregiver education and training.Makes appropriate discharge recommendations and obtains and/or recommends appropriate assistive equipment.
- Promotes the profession by participating in the Clinical Education program and providing education to others.
- Maintains competency by participation in continuing education, in-services and other learning opportunities.Meets standards for all required reviews of competency.
- Shares responsibility for common goals of the team by carrying caseload consistent with peers, maintaining the work environment and inventories, adjusting individual responsibilities to meet needs of department/work environment and positively representing department and profession to others.
- Participates in process improvement by identification of improvement opportunities for patient care, data collection and solutions to identified problems.
Graduate Degree-Speech Language Pathology
State of Ohio license in good standing with a Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) from the American Speech, Language, and Hearing Association or a conditional license under a supervised Professional Experience Plan approved by the Ohio Board. Current CPR certification.
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0.01
Department:Speech Therapy - Clermont
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Ashland, Kentucky, which is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nursing is one of the most trusted professions in the world, and it’s because of who we are and how we care about patients.Amanda M. CRNP