State Tested Nurse Aide (STNA) Per Diem Mercy Health Boardman HospiceRequisition R028640 Market Youngstown, OH Department Inpatient Hospice - Hospice of the Valley Shift All Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The STNA provides care in accordance with the residents plan of care and in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures, mission and values.
ESSENTIAL JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
ACTIVITIES OF DAILY LIVING:
- Assist residents with activities of daily living as outlined in the Service Plan.
- Dressing and undressing (clothing should be clean and appropriate for the Season).
- Personal Hygiene (shaving, dental hygiene, nail care, foot care).
- Mobility devices (cane, walker, wheelchair, scooter, electric wheelchair, crutches) including monitoring of safe transfer and ambulating techniques.
- Care of ADL devices such as eyeglasses, contact lenses, and hearing aids.
- Assists in transfer and dressing, assists in applying incontinence devices.
- Making both occupied and unoccupied beds.
- Assisting residents with meal preparation.
- Wiping up spills immediately.
- Reporting any faulty equipment to the LPN Wellness Coordinator.
- Following established procedures in the care of residents with infectious diseases.
- Observing and reporting general condition of residents.
INSTRUMENTAL ACTIVITIES OF DAILY LIVING: PROVIDES ASSISTANCE WITH:
- Telephone (assists with calls, hearing and vision adaptive devices)
- Housekeeping tasks such as mopping of floors for spills and incontinence episodes as needed, emptying trash, bed making and bed/linen changes.
- Laundry - Refer to “Laundry Instruction Guidelines” sheet located in the nursing office.
- Monitors residents activity, food intake, functional status, psychosocial status, taking action required to promote resident well-being.
- Conducts room checks and resident rounds.
- Monitor for environmental safety hazards.
- Records incidents, errors, or accidents.
- Records resident and resident-related events, monitor unit entrances for cleanliness and safety concerns.
- Promote open communication between health care professional, families, resident and staff.
- Assists in a variety of tasks related to dining (escort residents to dining room, serve beverage and appetizer). Monitors residents during meal periods.
- Remind residents of all scheduled activities or religious programs.
- Facilitates small group unit-based activities for residents.
- Responds to and acts appropriately in emergency or disaster situations.
OTHER JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Plans and completes duties with minimal direction from the Supervisor. Communicates status of duties to Supervisor when necessary.
- Works collaboratively with others in the department and in conjunction with Housekeeping/Laundry and Dietary services.
- Must possess/maintain current CPR Certification
- Must possess/maintain current First Aid Certification
- Must attain 12 hours of annual in-servicing in a rolling calendar year from date of hire.
- Must maintain annual skills training hours.
- Performs other related duties as needed.
1. Communicates effectively and respectfully with staff, residents, families and other professionals; when under pressure, exhibits self-restraint.
2. Exercises sound judgement and interpersonal skills.
3. Demonstrates interest and self-motivation in a positive manner.
4. Is timely in meeting all deadlines.
Performs duties and responsibilities willingly.
Subject to handling emergency or crisis situations Subject to interruptions Subject to long, irregular hours as needed Scheduled accordingly to meet resident care needs/operational demands including overtime.
1. High School diploma or GED required.
Must be State Tested Nurses Aide for Ohio and in good standing.
3. Patience and understanding of elderly; imagination and creativity.
Reports to the LPN/RN and LPN Wellness Coordinator
Direct Care – Physical Demands
Occasional – 1 to 33% of workday
Frequent – 34 to 66% of workday
Constant – 67 – 100% of workday
Not at all – 0% of workday
Sitting, Unilateral Vertical Reach 36-72”; Bed-cart transfer with 200# person and assist of one with sheet; Lift 0-50#, 6-36” from floor; climbing stairs; operating machines (2hand(s)), operating machines 2foot/feet).
Standing, walking 2.3 mph, 0 incline; unilateral horizontal reach 0-18”; bilateral carry, 30’, 27#; push/pull 100’, 19ft lbs; hold 200# patient sidelying while doing procedure x 2 minutes; roll 200# patient away/toward self; transfer 105# person chair-chair 5x/hr with gait belt; move 200# person up in bed with assist of one and sheet; lift 0-30#, 6”-36” from floor; lift 0-20# 36”-48” from floor; lift 0-20# 6”-72” from floor.
Bilateral fine motor manipulation; functional near, far, color vision aided or unaided; functional hearing aided or unaided; functional verbal communication skills; working overtime as assigned to meet operational/patient care demands.
Not at All
Climbing ladders; working from heights; crawling; kneeling; running
Category I job classification – HMHP employees who have jobs with tasks that routinely involve exposure or potential exposure to blood, body fluids, tissues and/or used sharps.
Job Hazard Risks
Infectious Disease Exposure
Hazard Materials Exposure (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical)
Workplace Violence Potential
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0
Department:Inpatient Hospice - Hospice of the Valley
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Ashland, Kentucky, which is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com
Nursing is one of the most trusted professions in the world, and it’s because of who we are and how we care about patients.Amanda M. CRNP