State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA) PRN Humility House Mercy HealthRequisition R030430 Market Youngstown, OH Department Skilled Nursing Unit - Humility House Shift All Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
POSITION DESCRIPTION: STNA
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES
- Must be personable, customer-service driven and able to work cooperatively as a team member. Must be able to work flexible hours and days. Must be willing to take direction and to learn to perform various tasks skillfully. Must be able to use tact in dealing courteously with residents, visitors, families and other staff members. Must be willing to perform repetitious tasks, some of which are unpleasant but necessary for the well-being of the residents. Must have a genuine interest in geriatric residents and be able to exercise patience and kindness In dealing with the ill or confused person. May be required to work other than assigned unit. Must be honest and responsible. Must be respectful of resident rights at all times.
- The STNA provides care in accordance with the residents plan of care and in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures, mission and values.
•Scheduled accordingly to meet patient (resident) care needs/operational demands including overtime as needed.
The STNA is expected to perform such personal services for residents as:
- Giving showers
- Bed baths
- Peri care
- Giving and removing bedpans and urinals
- Making both occupied and unoccupied beds
- Removing and cleaning dentures
- Brushing teeth
- Shampooing and drying hair
- Cleaning and trimming nails of non-diabetic residents
- Shaving residents
- Assisting residents with meals and/or feeding residents orally
- Assisting the resident to dress, or completely dressing the resident
- Ambulatory lifting and transferring residents to and from the bed, to wheelchairs and/or Geri-chairs.
- Keeping the residents Immediate unit clean and safe
- Cleaning urinals, bedpans, Geri-chairs, wheelchairs, and other resident equipment as assigned
- Taking residents temperature, pulse, and respiration
- Weighing residents
- Wiping up spills immediately
- Reporting any faulty equipment to the Charge Nurse
- Following established procedures in the care of residents with infectious diseases
- Assisting with post mortem care
- Observing and reporting general condition of residents
- Other duties as assigned.
THERAPUTIC CARE AND TREATMENT ABILITIES OF THE STNA INCLUDE:
- Observing, reporting and recording resident behavior
- Recording intake and output
- Observing and reporting excreta abnonnal in appearance
- Giving whirlpools
- Turning and positioning residents every two hours
- Releasing restraints every two hours
- Indwelling urinary catheter care and collecting urine for specimens
Follows the policies and procedures for Humility House. Reports on and off duty to the Charge Nurse, makes rounds on assigneq residents every two hours.
Attends mandatory inservice programs.
The STNA provides exemplary customer service with attention to detail.
Education: Ability to read, write and follow directions. Must be State tested.
Physical: Good physical and mental health. Stamina to work effectively under adverse conditions. Finger and hand dexterity to manipulate equipment. Good sight and hearing to detect changes in resident condition. Ability for walking, standing, stretching and lifting.
Appropriately dressed and groomed.
Must be familiar with the organizational structure of the department of nursing, Resident Bill of Rights, legal implications concerning their position, physical, hygienic, psychosocial, and safety needs of the residents as related to the STNA level of performance. Must be familiar with proper resident lifting and transferring techniques. Must possess a good understanding of basic sanitary techniques in dealing with residents and self; contamination of equipment and supplies; procedures and techniques involved in socialization, personal care, and recreational therapy; elderly residents and the trauma associated with the diminishing independence often occurring during the aging process.
Direct Care - Physical Demands
Occasional - 1 to 33% of workday Frequent - 34 to 66% of workday Constant - 67 - 100% of workday Not at all - 0% of workday
Sitting, Unilateral Vertical Reach 36-72"; Bed-cart transfer with 200# person and assist of one with sheet; Lift 0-50#, 6-36" from floor; climbing stairs; operating machines (2hand(s)), operating machines 2foot/feet).
Standing, walking 2.3 mph, O incline; unilateral horizontal reach 0-18"; bilateral carry, 30', 27#; push/pull 100', 19ft lbs; hold 200# patient sidelying while doing procedure x 2 minutes; roll 200# patient away/toward self; transfer 105# person chair-chair 5x/hr with gait belt; move 200# person up in bed with assist of one and sheet; lift 0-30#, 6"-36" from floor; lift 0-20# 36"48" from floor; lift 0-20# 6"-
72" from floor.
Bilateral fine motor manipulation; functional near, far, color vision aided or unaided; functional hearing aided or unaided; functional verbal communication skills; working overtime as assigned to meet operational/patient care demands.
Not at All
Climbing ladders; working from heights; crawling; kneeling; running
Category I job classification - HMHP employees who have jobs with tasks that routinely involve exposure or potential exposure to blood, body fluids, tissues and/or used sharps.
Job Hazard Risks:
Infectious Disease Exposure
Hazard Materials Exposure (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical) Workplace Violence Potential
Reports to Charge Nurse
I, ,have read the above job description and fully understand the conditions set forth therein. I agree to comply and perform these duties to the best of my abilities and knowledge. understand that if, at any time, I do not comply or perform these duties satisfactorily our employment relationship may be terminated.
STAFF MEMBER SJGNATURE DATE
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0.01
Department:Skilled Nursing Unit - Humility House
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Ashland, Kentucky, which is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nursing is one of the most trusted professions in the world, and it’s because of who we are and how we care about patients.Amanda M. CRNP