Certified Surgical Tech Mercy Health PerrysburgRequisition R028144 Market Toledo, OH Department Surgery - Perrysburg - Toledo Regional Office Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
Under direct supervision of a Registered Nurse and according to established procedures, works as an integral part of the surgical team. Possesses knowledge of aseptic technique and applies this while participating in surgical procedures, coordination of care instruments, equipment and supplies. Assists in the provision of care to patients of all age groups.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Work requires knowledge of basic sciences, such as anatomy and physiology, microbiology, etc., asepsis and sterile techniques and operating room techniques generally acquired through completion of an accredited two year program of surgical technology.
2. If hired after January 1997 must be certified as CST (Certified Surgical Technologist) as awarded by the Liaison Council on Certification (a member of the National Commission of Health Certifying Agencies) otherwise, CST preferred; and must maintain cardiopulmonary resuscitation certification.
3. Works required analytical skills to accurately and efficiently set up operation room supplies and equipment and assist in evaluation of new supplies and equipment.
4. Must take call per policy and procedure.
5. Work requires three to six months on-the-job training for full familiarity with surgeon's preferences and department policies and procedures.
6. Provides patient care to neonate, pediatric, adult and geriatric patients.
1.Work requires prolonged standing during procedures, lifting and positioning patients, and transporting patients.
2.Work involves exposure to communicable diseases, radiation, laser and errant anesthetic gas, heat from surgical lights, and unpleasant odors.
3.Work is frequently performed under stressful and emergency situations.
Key Job Responsibilities and Projects:
1. Functions in the role of scrub/basic assist as defined by policy and procedures.
2. Performs specific tasks of circulator role as delegated by the Registered Nurse.
3. Is responsible for the proper care of surgical specimens.
4. Practices strict adherence to standard precautions.
5. Assists with the care, preparation, and maintenance of sterile and non-sterile
supplies and equipment.
6. Maintains open communication with members of the surgical team to assure a
collaborative work environment is maintained.
7. Assists in training and orientation of students and new staff members.
8. Complies with established hospital policies, procedures, and practices to assure
that standards of quality, efficiency, and safety are met.
9. Attends educational programs as prescribed by departmental policy and individual
need. Maintains all required certifications. Stays abreast of changes in policies
10. Demonstrates behaviors consistent with Mission and Core Values (Compassion,
Service, Human Dignity, Sacredness of Life, Mercy, Excellence, Justice) of
Mercy Health Partners.
11. Adheres to the standards and policies of the Corporate Responsibility Program,
including the duty to comply with applicable laws and regulations, and reporting
to designated Manager (or employer hotline) any suspected unethical, fraudulent,
or unlawful acts or practices.
12. Embraces Standards of Behavior in order to provide and promote excellent
customer service for both internal and external customers. Holds self and others
accountable for behaviors that promote service excellence.
13. Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age
of the patient served on assigned unit.
14. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth & development over the life
span by completing continuing education program.
15. Interprets information need to identify each patient’s requirements relative to
his/her age-specific need:
16. Adheres to all standards and policies regarding safety/patient safety initiatives.
17.* Is responsible for performing all other duties as assigned.
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:36
Department:Surgery - Perrysburg - Toledo Regional Office
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Ashland, Kentucky, which is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com
Nursing is one of the most trusted professions in the world, and it’s because of who we are and how we care about patients.Amanda M. CRNP