Director Nursing - Women's ServicesRequisition R086615 Market Paducah, KY Department Administration - Lourdes Shift Days/Evenings Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
In collaboration with hospital leaders and medical directors, directs and oversees Women's & Children's services. Leads strategy development, provides operations management, provides operations management, develops business plans for existing and new programs, develops database for quality improvement and contracting, and prepares operating and capital budgets, focused on growth.
Required Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree, Nursing (BSN)
Required Licensure: Active Registered Nurse (RN) license in state of Kentucky
Minimum Years and Type of Experience: Five years healthcare leadership experience. Experience in developing product lines in clinical service area.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: Demonstrated ability to develop/employ new business models research, devise, and update plans, etc.
- Directs short- and long-term business planning for service line.Performs financial analysis and identifies opportunities for growth in market share and revenue.Facilitates interdepartmental teams contributing to the planning process to insure input from appropriate constituencies.
- Provides leadership for marketing planning in association with Marketing Department.Evaluates market to identify areas for growth and enhancement of market share.Works closely with Marketing Department on implementation of marketing tactics, development of educational/collateral materials, and identification of physicians/staff for public relations activities.Participates in evaluation of the marketing plan.
- Completes SWOT Analyses in the areas of physicians, staff, quality, programs, equipment, access sites and market share.
- Responsible for day to day operations of the Birthing Center; including nursery, obstetrics, gynecological surgery patients and OB OR.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of clinical programs across the system, using internal/external clinical and financial benchmarks.Conducts ongoing monitoring of key clinical/financial indicators.Communicates status and opportunities to all stakeholders.
- Identifies opportunities for promotion of “best practice” and integration of service across system.Involves stakeholders in appropriate projects to increase effectiveness, decrease cost, and enhance patient/physician/staff satisfaction.
- Provides leadership for continuous quality improvement in delivery of care across settings (including inpatient, outpatient, and subacute).Recommends and facilitates teams to design and implement program improvements.
- Provides leadership for assessing patient outcomes (function, satisfaction).Collaborates with staff to develop and implement strategies to increase patient satisfaction.
- Serves as liaison with physicians to increase satisfaction with system and services.Uses negotiation skills to address physicians/staff concerns and facilitate mutually-satisfactory solutions to problems.
- Models appropriate customer-service behavior in interactions with patients, physicians, staff, and public.
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Administration - Lourdes
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse