RN Clinical Operating Room Paducah, KYRequisition R075758 Market Paducah, KY Department Inpatient Surgery - Lourdes Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
Summary of Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
Delivers patient care utilizing the nursing process through data collection and assessment, identifies and determines the priority of patient’s problems/needs, and evaluates the process and outcome of nursing care; coordinates, provides and directs patient teaching activities and coordinates the care provided by health team members.
Essential Job Functions
- In collaboration with the interdisciplinary care team, conducts initial and ongoing patient assessment, analyzes assessment data, creates a plan of care, implements treatment and evaluates treatment effectiveness; administers medications in a safe manner consistent with the State of Ohio or Kentucky Nursing Practice Act and Mercy Health policies and procedures; serves as point of contact for patients' care coordination throughout hospital departments
- Acts as a patient safety advocate by participating in ongoing quality improvement in the department
- Incorporates the professional practice model into care delivery
Education Qualifications - List the minimum education, training, and experience required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Required Minimum Education:
2 Year/ Associates Degree
4 year/ Bachelors Degree
Licensing/ Certification - If registration, certification or licensure is required, include the name of the accrediting or licensing body.
Current nursing license in the State of Ohio and/or Kentucky BLS, ACLS, PALS and any other unit specific certification requirement
Hold national certification in clinical specialty or leadership within 6 months of eligibility
Minimum Years and Type of Experience:
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Inpatient Surgery - Lourdes
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse