Director Planning and Business DevelopmentRequisition R023337 Market Toledo, OH Department SS Strategy - Administration Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
Director of Planning and Business Development
Responsible for supporting strategic planning, revenue growth, and business development, at the group and market-level.Has functional responsibility for contributing to: annual strategic plans, business plans for capital requests, service lines and ambulatory development, developing local business relationships for partnerships, affiliations, and service arrangements with physicians, other health care providers, employers, non-profit agencies, local government, and community groups.
- Translate the system strategy across the group and market, and assist with Market- and Group-wide planning, coordination, and implementation of strategic plans; assist in execution on KPIs associated with short and long term strategic growth.
- Provide strategic direction to market and facility leaders to drive implementation of strategy in-market
- Support sustainable revenue growth, innovation, and business development aligned with current and future state trends within the industry
- Apply external and internal best practices in revenue growth and business development
- Prepare and present future project proposals to market executive teams
- Contribute to new portfolio strategies, portfolio prioritization and tracking/dashboarding of these priorities
- Monitor the local market competitive landscape and stay current on other health systems, physician groups, payers, employers, and government affairs
- Provide strategic planning across the group to senior and executive leaders grounded in business analytics, data, and predictive modeling
- Provide monitoring and evaluation of delivery timelines and resource requirements to achieve system wide goals within the group
- Enable local strategy leads to best manage market strategy scans
- Oversees Manager of Planning Analytics and Planning Analyst on assigned projects
Required Minimum Education: BA
Preferred Education: BA or MA
Minimum Years and Type of Experience:
7-10 years of experience in healthcare industry, or using applicable business planning tools in a complex environment
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Must possess business acumen and experience, educational background, and executive presence to deliver results of strategic plans through the influence of resources across multiple Market-level teams.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
Deep working knowledge of healthcare industry and a history of working within the style and characteristic expectations of the BSMH competencies
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:SS Strategy - Administration
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Ashland, Kentucky, which is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com
Nursing is one of the most trusted professions in the world, and it’s because of who we are and how we care about patients.Amanda M. CRNP