Manager - Care Reliability (Great Lakes Group)Requisition R017787 Market Toledo, OH Department SS Quality - Administration Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
- Care reliability and excellence throughout the delivery continuum is at the heart of what we do at Bon Secours Mercy Health. Our Manager – Care Reliability roles are deployed throughout the BSMH ministry to design and implement care transformation and improvement plans aligned to our key performance indicators for value-based performance and quality and patient safety goals.
Key responsibilities for the Manager – Care Reliability include:
- Design, development, implementation, and operation of care improvement projects and initiatives that align to our ministry key performance indicators (KPI) for care quality and safety;
- Fostering an environment and modeling the behaviors of a culture of high reliability with a focus on harm prevention and reduction, patient safety, and quality improvement;
- Clinical advisory for group-level tactics to ensure the integrity of problem-solving activities, shared learning practices, harm reduction initiatives, and other improvement activities aligned to our KPIs for care quality and safety.
Key activities of the Manager – Care Reliability role include:
- Oversight and/ or tactical advisory for group-level implementation of ministry KPI priorities and action plans that advance the culture of safety and reliability;
- Collaboration with subject matter specialists in specific content areas (sepsis, harm, healthcare-associated conditions, etc.) to identify emerging trends in quality and safety;
- Advanced use of data analytics techniques to identify opportunities for innovation and improvement in common areas of outcomes variation such as mortality, re-admissions, complications, and harm;
- Developing methods to scale and spread bundles of evidence-based practices and high reliability tactics that reduce care delivery variation;
- Providing leadership for enterprise and/ or group-level KPI and quality/ safety work groups.
Our Care Reliability Managers lead and mentor project teams to:
- Promote a culture of reliability focused on quality improvement and harm prevention;
- Provide guidance on specific tactics to address root cause/ common cause care variations;
- Establish and administer processes to enable shared learning for harm reduction activities;
- Serve as a clinical subject matter specialist for a range of performance improvement activities.
Our Care Reliability Managers are expected to work closely and collaboratively with:
- Our group-level Quality Officers and local leaders to ensure quality, safety, and reliability targets are achieved by converting opportunities for improvement into action-oriented plans that promote reliable care delivery;
- Our System Manager of Process Improvement to deploy additional resources and subject matter specialists towards care improvement activities with their assigned BSMH Group
- Required Minimum Education: 4 year/ Bachelors Degree
- Specialty/Major:Clinical Health Care
- Preferred Education:Graduate Degree (Masters)
- 5+ years related experience including 3-5 years of health system Quality/Safety
- Required: Former education or certification in process improvement (LEAN/Six Sigma)
- Working knowledge of applied statistics and high reliability concepts
- Strong leadership & communication skills
- Strongly Preferred: Clinical Experience or Registered Nurse
The successful candidate is an energetic problem-solver with proven leadership and clinical skills along with an interpersonal style that includes strong presentation, written, and verbal communication skills and a commitment to outstanding patient care. Ideally, someone with proven track record in the application of improvement science; experience with performance improvement tools and methodologies; familiarity with current trends and ability to implement them – and needs to have a desire to join us in building a world-class high reliability organization.
Bon Secours Mercy Healthis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:SS Quality - Administration
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Ashland, Kentucky, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
Nursing is one of the most trusted professions in the world, and it’s because of who we are and how we care about patients.Amanda M. CRNP