Nurse Extern Residency - Medical Surgical - Mercy St. Charles - Full Time - NightsRequisition R022826 Market Toledo, OH Department Med/Surg Unit - Mercy St. Charles Shift Nights Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health!
This is what we were meant to do - Together!
This position works at the direction of the Registered Nurse providing patient care and general duties in the organization. Provides direct care for the patients as assigned, answers call lights, and performs courier and transporter functions. Collects data through a variety of means including observation and through the use of instrumentation. Assists in the provision of care to patients of all age groups.
Assists the Registered Nurse in the process of admitting, transferring and discharging of patients, including notifying appropriate individuals and departments. Assists in the environmental orientation of patients, preparation of patient rooms, taking partial histories, and securing patient valuables and belongings.
Performs routine patient care tasks such as taking and recording vital signs, collecting specimens, and applying compresses and dressings.
Assists patients with mobility by performing active and passive range of motion, lifting, turning, repositioning and with ambulation.
Provides measures for patient comfort and hygiene.
Obtains, places, discontinues and removes patient equipment and supplies.
Monitors and observes patient status. Collects, records, and communicates data as per policy and procedure.
Performs courier and transportation services.
Required Education: 2 year Associates Degree
Preferred: 4 year Bachelors Degree
Required: Obtain RN License within 90 days. If requirement not met due to board failure, must be obtained within 60 days of fail date. Failure to obtain within the extended period will result in immediate removal from position. BLS certification through AHA.
- Performs repetitive tasks/motions
- Hears alarm bells, telephone, and other sounds
- Hears normal conversation
- Have good manual dexterity
- Have good eye-hand-foot coordination
- Have clarity of vision: near (< 20”)
- Have clarity of vision: mid (>20”-20’)
- Have clarity of vision: far (>20’)
- Distinguish colors
- Reads and interprets written/oral instructions
- Sets and meets deadlines, prioritizes work and works independently
- Identifies and understands issues and problems
- Examines data and draws logical conclusions demonstrating the ability to apply high levels of critical thinking and understanding
- Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of oral or written communications
- Organize thoughts and ideas into understand terminology
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to change
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Great health, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- And a lot more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:36
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, which is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nursing is one of the most trusted professions in the world, and it’s because of who we are and how we care about patients.Amanda M. CRNP