Paramedic Mercy Health LifeStarRequisition R025670 Market Toledo, OH Department Ambulance - Lifestar Shift All Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
The Paramedic renders care at a basic or advanced level in accordance with standard operating procedures or medical protocols as established by company physician medical director or as directed by a physician based in a hospital emergency center. The Paramedic is responsible for driving the emergency medical vehicle to and from scenes of illness or injury, including transporting patients from one facility to another, observing all safe driving guidelines. Observes all road and vehicle laws as well as the standards and protocols for this type of service, including keeping the vehicle in good repair with timely notification of any repairs needed. Keeps vehicle clean and presents it in a professional manner. Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on assigned unit.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have completed training in an accredited EMT program with further training in an accredited Paramedic program.
- Must hold current Paramedic license to practice in the State of Ohio.
- Current CPR-HCP and ACLS Certifications required.
- Valid driver’s license with no serious traffic violations required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have telephone and reliable transportation.
- Must maintain strict compliance to practicing universal precautions.
- Previous emergency medical service desirable.
- Provide ALS Service to the Patients Of Mercy Health.
- Work often requires prolonged standing, lifting and positioning of patients, and transportation of patients.
- Work involves exposure to communicable diseases, radiation, and unpleasant odors and is frequently performed under stressful and emergent conditions.
- May encounter combative/disruptive patients and their associates.
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0
Department:Ambulance - Lifestar
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Ashland, Kentucky, which is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nursing is one of the most trusted professions in the world, and it’s because of who we are and how we care about patients.Amanda M. CRNP