Respiratory Care Professional 2 Mercy Health St VincentRequisition R025332 Market Toledo, OH Department Respiratory Therapy - St. Vincent Shift Nights Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
**Sign on Bonus Eligible**
Provides invasive and non-invasive respiratory care under general supervision. Under the supervision of a physician will evaluate cardiopulmonary function, treat cardiopulmonary impairment, assess treatment effectiveness and care for patients with deficiencies and abnormalities associated with the cardiopulmonary system using professional judgment. Provides patient care to neonate, pediatric, adult and geriatric patients.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be registered by the National Board on Respiratory Care or certified if you are within six months of graduation from a Registry Program. Must attain RRT within 90 days of graduation or hire date.
- Must hold and maintain an active license to practice Respiratory Care in the State of Ohio and furnish this information to the department.
- Must maintain Healthcare Provider status in Basic Life Support through the American Heart Association or its affiliate.
- NRP required for Respiratory Therapists working in NICU.
- Must have thorough understanding of all drugs used in all respiratory care procedures.
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with patients, physicians, and other staff members.
- Clinical experience as a Respiratory Therapist in such areas as emergency airway management, extubation, tracheotomies, naso- and oro-pharyngeal airways preferred. Competency in the operation of ventilators, as well as patient assessment, arterial punctures, etc. Clinical experience in a variety of intensive care units, emergency and/or specialty areas preferred.
- Must complete requirements as written in the Clinical Ladder Policy and maintain all Certifications used for the ladder.
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with Mission and Core Values of Mercy Health Partners.
Specialty/Major: Respiratory Therapy
- Completion of Respiratory Therapy program as approved by the Ohio Respiratory Care Board.
- Must hold an active license to practice Respiratory Care in the State of Ohio.
- Must maintain C level provider status. Must have thorough understanding of all drugs used in respiratory procedures.
- Normal patient care environment with little exposure to noise, dust, temperature and the like.
- Lifts weights of approximately 20 lbs., must be able to move freely a large “H” size cylinder of oxygen on a cart.
- Substantial physical effort exerted up to fifty percent of work time.
- Ability to walk, stand, and bend more than eighty percent of time.
- Frequent (fifty to eighty percent of work time) exposure to adverse conditions.
- Full-Time Nights
- 7:00pm – 7:00am
- 36 hours/week
- Every other weekend and every other Holiday
- 12 Hours On Call per 30 Days
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:24
Department:Respiratory Therapy - St. Vincent
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Ashland, Kentucky, which is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nursing is one of the most trusted professions in the world, and it’s because of who we are and how we care about patients.Amanda M. CRNP