RN Critical Care Transport Nurse - Mercy Health Life Flight - PRN
At Mercy Health, our nurses are able to see the impact they can have on our patients’ lives. We encourage and support our nurses as they develop and grow in their profession. Whether you are a new graduate nurse or joining us further along in your career, we have opportunities and multiple career path options for you. Every patient means the world to someone and at Mercy Health our nurses mean the world to us.
“Mercy shares its profits with its employees and the relationships I have made with my coworkers and managers have been extremely valuable.”
What makes a successful Nurse at Mercy Health?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassion — We commit to accompanying those we serve with mercy and tenderness, recognizing that "being with" is as important as "doing for".
- Human dignity — We commit to upholding the sacredness of life and being respectful and inclusive of everyone.
- Service — We commit to providing the highest quality in every dimension of our ministry.
- Stewardship — We commit to promoting the responsible use of all human and financial resources, including Earth itself.
- Integrity — We commit to acting ethically and modeling right relationships in all of our individual and organizational encounters.
RN Critical Care Transport Nurse - Mercy Health Life Flight - PRNRequisition R080701 Market Toledo, OH Department Life Flight Ops - St. Vincent Shift Days/Nights Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
Responsible for providing emergency nursing care in a prompt and efficient manner to all patients transported via Mercy St. Vincent's Life Flight. Responsible for assessing, planning, organizing, documenting, and evaluating patient care in conjunction with the flight physician or critical care transport paramedic. The Critical Care Transport Nurse acts as a professional representative of Mercy St. Vincent Mercy Medical Center and St. Rita's Medical Center to the community, as an educator to professional groups, to emergency medical services and promotes Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center and St. Rita's Medical Center as regional referral centers. Assists in the provision of care to patients of all age groups (neonate, pediatric, adult and geriatric).
Required Minimum Education:
2 year Associates Degree
4 year Bachelors Degree
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS (must be non-expired/active unless otherwise stated):
- Must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse from the State of Ohio
- CAMTS approved advanced certification (CCRN, CSC, ACNPC, CEN, CPEN, CFRN, or CTRN) required or obtained within one year of hire.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support certification required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification required.
- Basic Trauma Life Support Certification required within 6 months of hire.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) required within 6 months of hire.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) required within 6 months of hire.
- Michigan Registered Nurse license
- BCLS Instructor certification preferred
- ACLS Instructor certification preferred
- EMT Certification preferred
Minimum Years and Type of Experience:
3 years of professional nursing experience in critical care with at least 1 year of emergency care experience
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Work requires 6 months orientation to acquire necessary familiarity with department and unit policies and procedures.
- Must possess analytical abilities, sound nursing knowledge, problem solving skills for the effective formulation of a plan of care, implementation of care, and appropriate documentation of pertinent information regarding patient-condition.
- Must possess sufficient interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with patients, physicians, and hospital personnel. Must have demonstrated leadership skills to participate in professional and community education programs; and to effectively maintain good public relations for the institution.
All Shifts; All Locations
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0
Department:Life Flight Ops - St. Vincent
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse
You will have days where you are the sole reason that someone is alive. You won’t find that in any other career.Michael W. Registered Nurse
Paid Time Off