Licensed Independent Social Worker(LLISW) (AOD Counselor) or Licensed Professional Counselor Behavioral Health (BHI) Mercy Health St. Elizabeth YoungstownRequisition R025257 Market St Joseph Warren Hospital Department Chemical Dependancy/Detox Program - St. Joseph Shift Afternoons Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
Responsible for the delivery of high-quality services and the functioning of the multidisciplinary team through the provision of specific treatment modalities.Under the direction and supervision of the Manager, assumes responsibility for the case management of those clients assigned by the manager.This includes assessment, treatment planning, case review, discharge planning and crisis intervention.Provides direct service to clients through individual, group, family counseling and delivery of continuing care services for the chemical dependency and nicotine dependent client.The counselor is responsible for the ongoing follow-up and data collection for clients discharged from the BHI program at 3 months, 6 months and 1 year. Counselor is also responsible for utilization review of those clients assigned. Provides education to community through lectures on substance abuse, chemical dependency and tobacco dependency. Provides consultation to health care systems and judicial systems.
Essential Job functions
- Case management of clients to include assessment, treatment planning, case review, discharge planning and crisis intervention
- Direct services to include individual, group, family, and continuing care for chemical dependent and nicotine dependent clients
- Ongoing follow-up and data collection for clients discharged from the BHI Program
- Provide accurate and timely documentation of services
- Utilization review of assigned clients
- Provide education to community and other team members regarding substance abuse, chemical dependency and tobacco dependency
- Provide consultation to health care systems and judicial systems
- Maintain patient safety standards, departmental policies and procedures, and performance improvement standards
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age, specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in departmental policies and procedures.
- Adolescents (13-17 years)
- Adults (18-64 years).
- Geriatrics (65 years and older)
Required Minimum Education:
- 4 year/ Bachelors Degree
- Mental Health and/or Chemical Dependency
- Graduate Degree (Masters)
- Mental Health and/or Chemical Dependency
Licensure in applicable field
Independently Licensed (LICDC, LISW, LPCC, LSW and/or LPC, CTTS, or PCR)
- Long-distance or air travel as needed- not to exceed 10% travel.
- General office environment.
- May be exposed to high noise levels and bright lights.
- May be exposed to physical altercations and verbal abuse.
- May be exposed to limited hazardous substances or body fluids.
- May be exposed to human blood and other potentially infectious materials.
- May have periods of constant interruptions.
- Required to car travel to off-site locations, occasionally in adverse weather conditions.
Lifting/ Carrying (0-50 lbs.)
Lifting/ Carrying (50-100 lbs.)
Push/ Pull (0-50 lbs.)
Push/ Pull (50-100 lbs.)
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Chemical Dependancy/Detox Program - St. Joseph
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Ashland, Kentucky, which is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nursing is one of the most trusted professions in the world, and it’s because of who we are and how we care about patients.Amanda M. CRNP