Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Department St. Elizabeth Boardman
At Mercy Health, our nurses are able to see the impact they can have on our patients’ lives. We encourage and support our nurses as they develop and grow in their profession. Whether you are a new graduate nurse or joining us further along in your career, we have opportunities and multiple career path options for you. Every patient means the world to someone and at Mercy Health our nurses mean the world to us.
“Mercy shares its profits with its employees and the relationships I have made with my coworkers and managers have been extremely valuable.”
What makes a successful Nurse at Mercy Health?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassion — We commit to accompanying those we serve with mercy and tenderness, recognizing that "being with" is as important as "doing for".
- Human dignity — We commit to upholding the sacredness of life and being respectful and inclusive of everyone.
- Service — We commit to providing the highest quality in every dimension of our ministry.
- Stewardship — We commit to promoting the responsible use of all human and financial resources, including Earth itself.
- Integrity — We commit to acting ethically and modeling right relationships in all of our individual and organizational encounters.
Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Department St. Elizabeth BoardmanRequisition R088040 Market Youngstown, OH Department Emergency Department - St. Elizabeth Boardman Shift Nights Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
Sign On Bonus for Experienced Nurses 1+ years
The Emergency Department RN works with his/her team partner(s), using the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate direct patient care. The RN serves as a clinical expert and assumes a leadership role on the Patient Care Team. As leader of the team, the RN is responsible for integrating care delivery among team members and directing the team toward the common goal of improved patient outcomes and customer satisfaction.
Must have Current Ohio RN License
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Must possess BSN or obtain within 5 years of employment
BLS - American Heart Association
1 + Medical-Surgical Nursing preferred or experience in Emergency Department.
Orientation program is provided
- Performs repetitive tasks/motions
- Hears alarm bells, telephone, and other sounds
- Hears normal conversation
- Have good manual dexterity
- Have good eye-hand-foot coordination
- Have clarity of vision: Near (< 20”)
- Have clarity of vision: Mid (> 20” – 20’)
- Distinguish colors
Please indicate the activity’s level of frequency that applies to this position using the following frequency scale:
1 = Not at all within shift (0%)
2 = Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
3 = Frequently within shift (34-66%)
4 = Continuously within shift (67-100%)
Activity 1 2 3 4
Reaching above head X
Lift/Carry > 50 lbs < 100 lbs. X
Twist at Waist
Push/Pull with force < 50 lbs X
Reaching above shoulder X
Lift from floor level up X
Push/Pull with force > 50 lbs X
Lift/Carry up to 50 lbs. X
Lift from waist X
- Reads and interprets written/oral instructions
- Sets and meets deadlines, prioritizes work and works independently
- Defines and understands issues and problems
- Examines data and draws logical conclusions demonstrating the ability to apply high levels of critical thinking and understanding
- Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of oral or written communications
- Makes decisions which have significant impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside immediate work unit.
- Organizes thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to change
- Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may occur
- General office environment - works generally at a desk in a well-lighted, airconditioned office area, with moderate noise levels
- May be exposed to limited hazardous substances or body fluids
- Potential exposure to infectious organisms
- May have periods of constant interruptions
- Prolonged periods of working alone may occur
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:36
Department:Emergency Department - St. Elizabeth Boardman
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse
You will have days where you are the sole reason that someone is alive. You won’t find that in any other career.Michael W. Registered Nurse
Paid Time Off
Recently Viewed Jobs
- Cybersecurity Engineer II Security Operations Center Cincinnati, Ohio
- Client System Admin III Ohio
- Guest Svcs Assoc Youngstown, Ohio