RN Home HealthRequisition R016454 Market Youngstown, OH Department Home Care- Youngstown Home Care/DME/Hospice Shift Days Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
SIGN ON BONUS $3,000
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Home Care RN is a registered nurse who applies nursing knowledge and clinical skills using the nursing process to ensure quality and safe delivery of home health services. The Home Care nurse utilizes leadership skills in providing home health services for a group of patients; in education of patients/families and staff and in quality monitoring of appropriateness of patient care. This may include patients of all age groups.
The Home Care nurse is accountable to the Team Manager. The Home Care Nurse works with minimal supervision to assess, plan implement and evaluate patient care. The Home Care Nurse supports the agency policy, procedures, protocols, and standards of nursing practice recognizing each person as an individual with certain rights.
The Home Care RN witnesses the agency’s philosophy by respecting the uniqueness and dignity of each person and by implementing the values of HM Health Partners in providing services and in all professional interactions. The Home Care RN promotes positive guest relations, demonstrates the agency’s core values, and exemplifies the agency’s philosophy in daily work activities; promotes and maintains effective relationships and communication in all professional endeavors.
The Home Care RN is a registered nurse currently licensed to practice nursing in the State of Ohio. AD, BSN or diploma degree from an accredited program in nursing is required.
The Home Care RN has the following knowledge:
· Basic knowledge in nursing theories as well as clinical practice in specialty area.
· Basic knowledge of theories related to human relations, communications and leadership.
· Basic knowledge of pathophysiology and psychopathology.
· Basic knowledge of community health nursing and nursing philosophy, goals, organization structure, policies/procedures and standards of care.
· Certified in basic CPR.
· Twenty-four hours of continuing education per year.
· Knows agency organization and relationship to hospitals and sources of referral.
· Knows of new developments and literature in field of nursing in general, as well as home care nursing.
· Valid drivers license.
·The Home Care RN is a registered nurse with five(5) years recent acute care experience or previous home care experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Knowledge and skill required to perform the job responsibilities for both technical and dimensional content.
Mental application; ability to plan and organize work; able to teach, and direct professional and non-professional personnel; ability to adapt to various personalities; ability to assist in coordinating activities to bring about effective group action.
Motor coordination and manual dexterity are necessary to coordinate eyes, hands and finger movements necessary in handling medications, equipment and supplies. For example, intravenous infusions, suction machines, oxygen equipment, traction and orthopedic appliances.
· PROBLEM SOLVING/DECISION MAKING:
The Home Care RN is a practitioner functioning with minimal guidance. The Home Care RN is supervised by the Team Manager.
Prolonged, extensive or considerable standing/walking. Lifts, positions and/or transfers patients. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching.
Contact with patients under the wide variety of circumstances. May be exposed to/occasionally exposed to patient elements. Exposed to unpleasant elements (accidents, injuries and illness). Subject to varying and unpredictable situations. Handles emergency or crisis situation. Travel required.
· SCOPE OF IMPACT/ACCOUNTABILITY:
The potential impact of actions on results of HM Health Partneres and the job’s accountability for achieving results.
The Home Care RN is responsible to perform direct nursing care and document with accuracy. The Home Care RN realizes that errors and incompetence may have serious consequences for a patient.
The Home Care RN supervises LPN’s and HHA’s, orientation of new personnel and students during clinical practice. Manages patient care for assigned group of patients, according to philosophy, policies and procedures of HM Home Care. Number supervised varies according to patient acuity/volume.
Responsible for proper use of supplies and equipment; responsible for completion of accurate records, for security of narcotics and medication supply.
The Home Care RN demonstrates the stamina to work with accuracy and to endure the strain of executing orders and directing personnel in care of patients; ability to work under pressure, evaluates and adjusts to critical situations with certain confidence and resourcefulness in stress situations.
The Home Care RN is responsible to keep confidential the patient’s medical record and information relating to patients, physicians and employees. Understands that improper release of information may be a direct violation of patient’s rights.
· INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION:
The nature and frequency of interpersonal human relations skills required by the job. the extent to which the job requires cooperation and tact in meeting or influencing others by phone, correspondence, or personal contact.
The Home Care RN must have the ability to provide written or verbal instructions and communicate necessary information to patients, families, caregivers, physicians and all other individuals involved in patient care.
The Home Care RN promotes positive guest relations and exemplifies the agency’s philosophy and demonstrates the agency’s core values of caring, commitment, respect and integrity in all professional endeavors.
PRINCIPAL JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Promotes education for self, patients, families, staff and community.
1. Identifies patient, family, staff and community needs and implements interventions as needed.
2. Participates in the development and implementation of educational programs.
3. Participates in orientation of home care staff.
4. Participates in educational programs to maintain professional staff level, and performs job functions adequately.
5. Documents educational programs in continuing education file.
Demonstrates the skills necessary to coordinate care of the patient in their home, and provides leadership to other home care team members.
1. Demonstrates knowledge in principles of leadership.
2. Completes home health aide supervisory visits according to agency policy, and provides appropriate feedback in a timely manner.
3. Performs as a role model for home care staff.
4. Provides appropriate individuals with information regarding patient status and/or care plans in a timely manner.
5. Communicates recommendations and coordinates referrals for patients to other health care providers.
6. Uses effective problem-solving skills to perform required activities in an autonomous manner.
7. Assumes on-call responsibility as required by agency policy.
Participates in the quality improvement process.
1. Assesses quality of services provided and develops and implements or changes in plan accordingly.
2. Consults with and encourages patient’s participation in plan of care.
3. Maintains appropriate communication with physician regarding patient progress.
4. Demonstrates compliance with federal, state, and local rules and regulations, along with the HMHP Corporate Responsibility Program.
5. Provides information regarding patient needs and care plans to home care staff.
6. Monitors quality of home care services provided by LPN’s and HHA’s and confers with team managers as appropriate.
7. Participates in the development and revisions of policies and procedures as appropriate.
8. Monitors contract personnel for compliance with agency policies and procedures.
9. Maintains confidentiality of patient information.
10. Addresses patient concerns in a timely manner and according to policy.
11. Completes and submits documentation according to policy.
12. Clinical records accurately reflect patient condition and nursing interventions.
Demonstrates effective written and verbal communicationskills.
1. Supports and promotes positive work environment.
2. Demonstrates skill in conflict resolution.
3. Actively participates in at least 75% of monthly home care staff meetings.
4. Actively participates in all interdisciplinary meetings as appropriate.
5. Participates in appropriate committee/task force meetings.
6. Supports communication of information regarding changes in agency operations and policies.
7. Maintains lines of authority and responsibility.
8. Initiates consultation with team coordinators as issues and concerns arise.
9. Documents on daily visit log accurately and according to policy.
10. Maintains availability at all times during work hours.
11. Demonstrates positive interactions with all customers.
Manages and utilizes resources in a manner consistent with the HM Home Care strategic plan.
1. Demonstrates knowledge of agency policies, procedures and regulations regarding reimbursement for home care services.
2. Consults and coordinates patient/family referrals appropriately for assistance with financial concerns.
3. Uses and monitors equipment and supplies in a cost-effective manner.
4. Informs appropriate individuals regarding equipment malfunctions and inadequate supplies.
5. Ensures that patient care resources are appropriate.
6. Participates in compliance of the agency budget.
Performs repetitive tasks/motions; Hears alarm bells, telephone, and other sounds; Hears normal conversation; Have good manual dexterity; Have good eye-hand-foot coordination; Have clarity of vision: Near (< 20”); Have clarity of vision: Mid (> 20” – 20’); Distinguish colors
Please indicate the activity’s level of frequency that applies to this position using the following frequency scale:
1 = Not at all within shift (0%)
2 = Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
3 = Frequently within shift (34-66%)
4 = Continuously within shift (67-100%)
Standing = 3; Walking = 2; Sitting = 1; Balancing = 2; Reaching above head = 3; Lift/Carry > 50 lbs < 100 lbs. = 4; Climbing = 1; Bending = 2; Twist at Waist = 3; Push/Pull with force < 50 lbs = 2; Reaching above shoulder = 2; Lift from floor level up = 2; Crouching/Squatting = 2; Crawling = 1; Kneeling = 3; Push/Pull with force > 50 lbs = 3; Lift/Carry up to 50 lbs. = 2; Lift from waist = 1
Reads and interprets written/oral instructions; Sets and meets deadlines, prioritizes work and works independently; Defines and understands issues and problems; Examines data and draws logical conclusions demonstrating the ability to apply high levels of critical thinking and understanding; Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of oral or written communications; Makes decisions which have significant impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside immediate work unit; Organizes thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology; Must be flexible and able to adapt to change
Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may occur; General office environment - works generally at a desk in a well-lighted, airconditioned office area, with moderate noise levels; May be exposed to limited hazardous substances or body fluids; Potential exposure to infectious organisms; May have periods of constant interruptions; Prolonged periods of working alone may occur
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0.01
Department:Home Care- Youngstown Home Care/DME/Hospice
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Ashland, Kentucky, which is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com
Nursing is one of the most trusted professions in the world, and it’s because of who we are and how we care about patients.Amanda M. CRNP